Monday, April 18, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

If I wasn't able to create - in any way shape or form, you might as well tell me to just lay down and die. I have always been a creative person. I love music. I love art. I love design. I could get lost in all three. In fact, at times, I have. I LIVE to create. I am glad to have finally caught up on all the things I had to do for other people. This means I can start working on some things for myself. This weekend was entirely too busy and I was in such a good mood.  I got so much accomplished.  I ran all over looking for items that I really need for my businesses and did price comparisons. Shopping.... Is there any better therapy than RETAIL?



I'm pretty sure I found everything I needed and tomorrow morning I'm going to pick some of them up. I'm sure it will make my daughter happy to tag along. Girlfriend loves to shop and I have absolutely NO idea where she gets it from....:)



WOOO HOOO - IM THERE!!!!


Moving on...

I never would have thought I’d be 31 and embarking on a new phase of my life that I sometimes feel I don’t have the skill set for. Change can be a positive force in your life if you let it be. The best way to create change for good is to not be afraid of it. Ive been getting better at recognizing change when it’s heading toward me and more willing to make adjustments in my life to either integrate or discover ways to avoid it. There’s no such thing as something that never changes. I am constantly evolving, striving to be a better person, wife, mother, sister. Hopefully - I am succeeding. There it is again, self doubt. Always.

I think what it really comes down to is that I have to start giving myself a break. I need to stop trying to kick myself when I’m down and allow myself to make mistakes. They are inevitable and that doesn’t mean that I’m less of a person or given to sloth. I’m always trying to be the best and I often fall short, but only in my own opinion. We are always hardest on ourselves. I need to learn to let myself fail on occasion and then be OK with it.  I deserve to be empowered and successful. I know that the only person that can make that happen is me. And I deserve for it to happen. As long as I keep moving forward things can never be too bad. And like my beloved Phoenix, I will continue to rise from the ashes.

So, while I write this I’m starting to think that perhaps this is part of the journey I’m on. This realization of what I used to do compared to what I do now. I need to do everything with intent, as I once did. I need to go outside and be amazed by the different colors of grey and blue the sky has. I need to enjoy the motions of what I do to see the beauty in everything and everyone. Life is a funny thing. It takes almost all of it, to realize how precious it is.

Move through life with intent. Like a fucking ROCKSTAR... Sheen-style.


No comments: