Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Time's A Wastin'....



New year, new start. So what exactly does that mean… It means Im tired of saying I am going to do something and not really following through with it. It means I am tired of getting the same results because I am not doing what I set out to do.  After much soul searching I have finally… FINALLY set the wheels in motion for a new lifestyle for the REST of my life. My babies deserve a healthy mother that is here physically and mentally for them. They didn’t ask to be here, and I don’t have the RIGHT to leave them before I should.  And I feel…. GREAT.  Probably better than I ever have in my life.  
I have also learned a few things about myself in this process….THEY ARE:

Zumba classes give me the ability to dance my heart out, minus the hoochie clothes and heels, pour sweat like a fool and not worry about smeared makeup.. and have me feeling like the backup dancer J. Lo wishes she had. ::SNAP::
I am very pleased with the Indiana school system. I talk mad shit about some of the teachers my son has had, but in the end, they have been consistant and open and I love that.

Tomato paste in a tube is pretty awesome.
I dont give myself enough credit for the things I CAN and DO - do.
People will NEVER be what you keep wishing they would be. You can exert all the energy you want in hoping and wishing and wasting money by purchasing prayer candles at Walmart and a rosary to PRAY these people into what you wish they were, but in the end, they are - who they are.  You either decide you can tolerate the energy in your life, or you make the decision to remove them. My lesson is learning that although it is unfortunate, life goes on without people who should be there.

A container of Chobani in the morning gives me a happy, content toddler. At least until lunchtime when I inform her she cannot have another. Dealing with Reagan from “The Exorcist” would be a walk in the park.
Michael Jackson has become the seventh member of our family. His music is played daily in this house and there is a lot of crotch grabbing and “SHA-MON’S” being thrown around.
I have, in fact, worn my sunglasses at night.
I blame others for things I have the ability to and/are responsible for changing in my own life. I commit to not being locked in an emotional tug of war with the others who arent playing.  I let it go.
I am a total advocate for sensory based play. It is amazing.
Thats not sweat you see pouring down my face when Im running... Its tears.
The simple act of breathing is incredibly calming. Mediation is a 20 minute part of my day, EVERYday.
I am buying organic about 80% of the time and I am pretty geeked about doing the garden again this year and trying to grow a few new things.
My oldest son is a carbon copy of me artistically. He is my dreamer, my poet, my dancer, my creator, my painter, my child who has his head in the clouds at times, but knows what he wants.  
There are a SHITLOAD of uses for baking soda.
This may sound very geriatric of me, but I make some mean ass soup. So if you want some, stop by… with some bread.  And hand soap. I’m out of hand soap….
I wish I had friends who lived closer. Im not in the boonies, but without friends near – it sure feels like it. ::kicks banjo playing frog::
If left alone, I could eat an entire bushel of Cuties.  And I don’t give a shit if they are made “for kids”.
Butt sweat is pretty gross. Being behind someone in the gym who’s ass looks like they just sat in a puddle or lost bladder control will have you wishing you were Stevie Wonder. Im going to need you to put a towel between your cheeks please…

That’s all she wrote folks.  Whatever keeps you positive – DO IT, and do it well.

No comments: