It’s a funny thing about what inspires you, it can be so deep and meaningful, or so shallow and transient. I have been trying to live in the moment and enjoy everything that flows around me, rather than getting bogged down with ‘important’ things.
What is ‘important’ anyway? Ok, so I know that things like jobs and putting food on the table and paying bills and things are important in one sense, and it would be pretty difficult to survive if these things werent tended to. On a simpler level, why do we decide something inspiring or beautiful is ‘more important’ than something else that is inspiring and beautiful?
Being outdoors and in the silence of nature is beyond healing and soothing to me. Watching my kids run and play and their absolute innocence is soothing to me. I am finding myself looking at issues and just repeating internally "Give it to God" "Give it to someone higher to deal with and focus on YOURSELF". I have also found myself heading to church..And engaging my children in talks about their beliefs. I take the view that children shouldn’t be able to choose a religion until they can understand what religion is. Even then, they should take some sort of... SOMETHING...before they take the final step of committing to a belief system. And there should always be an opt out process. I teach my children that they are miracles.I am interested in teaching them respect and care for the world around them – not as a part of religious rules that they have to subscribe to, or for the fear of this divine being and retribution, but for it’s own sake and for theirs as people. I want to teach them the wonder of a sunrise is not more or less than the wonder of a storm. When my 9-year-old will stop and tell me about an ant he sat and watched cross the sidewalk to make sure it got safely into the grass to make its way home to its mom, my heart melts. It tells me that he is aware of life and its value. Something as small as an ant and its safe journey across the concrete MEANS something to him. I love this child so much my heart hurts. He is a lesson to be learned EVERY minute of EVERY day. Those of you who know me, and know him, know what I mean. All of my children are beginning to become inspired by nature. We spend time outside, and once inside, the crayons come out and pictures of sunshines, rainbows, trees and flowers with their family gathered together begin flowing. It gives me peace to know, that what is soothing and calming to me, brings them happiness also. ::sigh::
Nature isn’t about complicated ideals. It doesn’t bend and change shape to be what you want it to be. It just... IS. Mother Nature is simple, violent, ruthless, and beautiful. It doesn’t have to justify its beauty, any more than it justifies its violence. The things that inspire us should be the same. Simply there, inspirational, for whatever the reason, and not graded according to their worthiness. I am inspired by the green around me, the rebirth of nature and the happiness the sun brings me when it shines on my face. My children's laughter. It can lift my heart and make me cry because I still continue to be amazed that these three beautiful beings came from me and I seize up with worry about the world I am sending them out into and how they will respond to what their lives bring them. No matter what they learn at home and the tools I give them to navigate throughout life, there are still people out there who seek to harm others. We hear about it every day. I am an eternal worry wart. I cant help it, I will more than likely NEVER stop. THEY inspire me. I may be all over the place with this post, but that is because lately, my mind has been all over the place. Life and death, past and future.... It's not a good place to be at times, my mind...
The worth of inspiration is what it inspires you to do. Be inspired.

No comments:
Post a Comment